ease allow the appropriate lag time for necessary compliance procedures. Contact us if you have questions regarding compliance lag time in your area.
2015 Otero Ramos Cafetin Red Blend Mendoza Argentina
Red color, with bright purple shades. In the nose, a mix of ripe red fruit and plums. Soft in the palate, firm round and balanced tannins. Soft sweet hints. Good acidity, modern and fresh.
Acidity 5.40 g/l
Sugar: 3.03 g/l
Bottle: Green Bourdeaux vintage bottle with punt (ecological).
Capsules: complex capsules
Stopper: DIAM 5
Mediterranean dishes, aged or smoked cheese, cured hams or pastrami. Barbecue.
Spicy ethnic food. Sushi.
Location: Finca Tierras del Ande – Familia Otero Ramos, Luján de Cuyo (First
Viticultural Area with Origin Denomination for Malbec), Mendoza,
Altitude: 900 metres above sea level.
Vineyard age: 16 years
Temperature range: 10o/12o between day and night.
Soil composition: rocky and clayey with good permeability.
Yield/ha: 10.000 kg. per ha.
Harvest time: mid/end march 2015
Type of irrigation: drip irrigation , with snow melt water from the mountains (Andes Range)
Varietal: 60% Malbec / 25% Tannat /15% Bonarda
Aging in bottle: 6 months at least
Cellaring potential: 5 years.
Temperature service: 16°-18°C
- Manual labor
- Thinning before veraison and harvest time.
- Delivery in 18 kg PVC boxes
- Bunch sorting table
- Berry sorting table
- Stainless steel tanks with individual temperature control system.
- Cold maceration (pre-maceration) at 10°C (48-72 hours)
- Fermentation in stainless steel tanks with individual temperature control
system. The fermentation takes place with selected yeast between 24° to 26°C
alternating pumping over (remontage) and delestage to obtain the best quality in
tannins. From 15 to 20 days at 22°/26°C.
- Malolactic fermentation: from 20 to 30 days.
- Aging in French (Ambrosía & Taransaud) and American (Demptos & Odysé)
oak barrels for 6 months.
- Filtering: filtered by cellulose filter pads and absolute filter cartridges.
SRP: $17.99 Bottle / $215.88 Bottle